Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend

It was a  weekend full of information and learning. I had my first selling experience here in Bury and it was very interesting.  I told myself going into it that if I made back my selling fee than it would be a success, and since I almost did that, I'm going to call it a success anyways, just to keep on the bright side.

I did have great neighbors and spent the day chatting and learning about everything from good shows, what are the best sausages to buy and when to buy maple syrup in England: on Shrove Tuesday in early February when anything and everything related to pancakes is half price. That information alone was worth the price of admission! So it was a good day and I'll do it again as soon as I can.

After the show we wandered around Bury for a bit and saw that there was a parade route marked off on  a main street so I looked it up on the internet when we got home and saw that September 15 is the commemoration of the Battle of Britain and that there was a parade going on the next day.  Sunday we packed our umbrellas and went downtown to see the parade, it was possibly the shortest parade I've ever been to, but still fun. Just some town elders, a guy in a fancy red coat and two units marching to fife and drum. I do love parades and was happy to see the American flag flying. 




After that we ventured into the grocery section at Marks and Spencer to try and find dill pickles. No luck, we'll keep trying, we have a couple more grocery stores to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love comments!