Friday, September 6, 2013

First Day Report

It seems that the first day of school went well! The head teacher appointed a buddy for Eric for the first few weeks to help him get around and get used to the new system. His  name is Josh, and he is from Texas and has lived in the UK for about 3 years, Eric said he had a bit of a British accent but not much.  I didn't get a lot of information as I suspected I wouldn't, but when he came home he was relaxed and in good spirits, so I read between lines as a mother of a teenager often has to do. Most importantly, he did not get lost  and did not have to eat lunch by himself, so I would say that was a very successful first day in a new school in a new country!

He will be walking or riding his bike to school everyday and it is literally a walk in the park. I took a few pictures last week while on my way to pick more blackberries. It really is a pleasant walk with lots of people walking their dogs, pushing baby carriages and lots of bunnies frolicking on the grass.  Except on the days when it is raining, like today. It's a good thing I have a pile of rain ponchos to dole out as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

we love comments!